Recently, director James Gunn teased “lots of cool extras & deleted scenes & commentary” on the 4K UHD Blu-ray release of The Suicide Squad. He followed that up with a behind the scenes video of Harley Quinn. Now we have the complete breakdown of special features along with all of the pre-order details. Let’s get into it.
Pre-orders for The Suicide Squad in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, standard Blu-ray, and DVD are available here at Best Buy. with a release date set for October 26th. Inside that link you’ll also find Best Buy’s obligatory 4K UHD SteelBook exclusive release. If you’re into SteelBooks, the bullet shell design is definitely worth the extra $5 in our opinion. As for the special features that James Gunn was hyped about, you can find the full breakdown in the list below.
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
- Gag Reel
- Gotta Love the Squad
- The Way of The Gunn
- It’s a Suicide Mission Scene Breakdown
- My Guns Bigger Than Yours Scene Breakdown
- Harley’s Great Escape Scene Breakdown
- The Fall of Jotunheim Scene Breakdown
- Starro: It’s a Freakin Kaiju!
- Bringing King Shark To Life
- War Movie Retro Trailer
- Horror Movie Retro Trailer
- Buddy-Cop Retro Trailer
- Directors Commentary by Director/Writer James Gunn
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Optional English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Castilian Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Teleugu, Hungarian, Tamil, Hindi, Italian, Greek, Romanian, Polish, Finnish, Danish, and Canadian French subtitles for the main feature
In honor of The Suicide Squad‘s departure from HBO Max, Gunn and some of the movie’s cast took part in a Twitter watch party last week, where they shared tons of information about the production. The director has been posting a bunch of behind-the-scenes content on social media lately, including fun photos and videos of John Cena (Peacemaker). Gunn and Cena recently wrapped production on a Peacemaker spin-off series for HBO Max, and it was recently revealed that the series could be coming to the streaming service sooner than expected. The Suicide Squad‘s post-credit scene revealed if the new show would be a sequel or prequel to the film, and Gunn has teased what fans can expect from the story.